The Need for Air Purification Systems
Most people spend over the majority of their time indoors, not knowing that the air they are breathing may be more polluted than the air outside. The Environmental Protection Agency has reported that indoor air pollution levels can be 100 times higher than the air outdoors. The need for residential air purification systems has never been higher. Luckily, Crain Heating and Cooling offers some of the best air purification systems on the market from manufacturers like Lennox.
Indoor Air Quality Facts
- People spend 75-90% of their time indoors
- 50% of all residences have moderate to severe contamination of their heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC). If not properly maintained, they are a hotbed for growth of molds and bacteria.
- Polluted air causes 94% of all respiratory problems.
- More than 31 million Americans have been diagnosed with asthma, about 1/3 are children under 18.
- About 40,000 dust mites, a common household allergen, can live in one ounce of dust.
- An estimated 10-15% of the entire population may be allergic to cat or dog dander.
As a full service HVAC provider, Crain Heating and Cooling offers several air purification solutions to help improve your home's indoor air quality. Please give us a call at (734) 469-5180 to schedule a free appointment!